IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: NEW YORK GAMECRAFT HAS BEEN CANCELLED.
We are sad to announce that New York GameCraft has been cancelled due to low signups and us not advertising more about the event.
BUT don't worry, we will be back along with Skills Matter in New York in 2015. So stay tuned by following us on @globalgamecraft.
One of us, Andrea Magnorsky, will be in New York on October 4th, if you want to meet up with her and other indies for a get together, drop us an email.
If you want to help us out and get involved with the next GameCraft, and make this one of our biggest and most memorable game jam outside of Ireland, email us at [email protected].
END OF ANNOUNCEMENT
# Hello game developers of New York.
This is an urgent game development community announcement. As you may be aware, Transformers 4 was recently released in cinemas. People who have come in contact with this movie have since reported suffering from a crippling lack of creativity. Symptoms may include:
- the repeated and dull use of slow motion explosions and CG in everything they do
- the desire to repeatedly and inexplicably shout the words No, Go, and Get out of here! in all lines of dialogue
- an overt-yet-somehow-overlooked morally irresponsible treatment of the female anatomy
If you have been subjected to this creative black hole, then we urge you to come and attend the second New York GameCraft in [when], and reconnect with your creativity :)
## If you've not been to a GameCraft event before, here's the blurb
GameCraft is a game jam event designed around building the gaming community. We aim to create events which allow game-makers to meet, share ideas, have fun, compete for prizes and most importantly make games!
This is how we roll:
- Registration is at **8.45 am** (you need to be at Game Center by that time)
- Theme announced at **9am**, start making your game
- We encourage people to work in teams. It tends to be a better experience for everyone. If you need help forming a team, comment on this post or let us know on the day and we will help you find people to work with
- You can use any framework/library/platform you want
- Bring your own tools (laptop, tablet, whatever, extension leads)
- At **7pm**, you stop developing your games and go and play other peoples games.
- Voting time! Pick your favourite game and vote for them
- Awesome prize giving
- We leave to have a drink at **9pm**
This is a free event but we need you to register for the event, please follow **[this link for registration](https://skillsmatter.com/conferences/6403-gamecraft-nyc-2014)**
2 Metrotech Center
Brooklyn, NY 11201
We look forward to seeing you all there :)
This event coult not happen without the help from Game Center (thanks Eric for all the intros) and SkillsMatter.
![NYU Game Center](http://www.indiecade.com/images/sponsor-logos/2012/nyu_game_center_2013.png)